Virtuxplorer has adapted these UAVs to help mitigate and control the spread of the virus.
No one expected that a virus would cause the entire planet to enter times of confinement and social isolation. Although this crisis was sudden, technology today provides high-impact solutions to win the battle against COVID-19.
The use of drones to perform basic activities has become a versatile solution, easy to implement, and secure. Virtuxplorer developed a series of functionalities that enhance drones’ capabilities when used to fight the pandemic. These functionalities serve purposes that go beyond COVID-19 and are now used in several industrial processes.
Actions against COVID-19
Functionality that allows two specific activities to be carried out:
- Fumigation: Implies a greater height and coverage to combat infectious agents
- Spraying: Consists of disinfecting small areas of low height in more specific zones
In both cases, UAV’s or RPA’S/drones from land or water can be used, as long as the devices installed in each drone are aimed at sanitizing a designated environment to prevent the spread of contagion.
It refers to speakers mounted on the drone for clear and specific message broadcasting to communities. The noise produced by larger aircraft is significantly reduced and delivers a more clear and concise sound.
Surveillance and control
In surveillance, a drone recognizes if there are concentrations of people which allow authorities to create action plans to:
- Identify those pockets of unwanted crowds
- Take measures according to established protocols
- Carry out peripheral monitoring to remind local populations of social distancing and the continuing use of personal protection elements
- Alert the community with lights or sirens for those areas at risk
- Monitor high-risk areas
In the areas under surveillance by drones, communities’ assets are more secure while the population is quarantined.
Controlling the inflow of permitted routes
This refers to the ongoing monitoring of public transportation routes while individuals replenish personal supplies:
- Identify the physical status of individuals in transit (Body temperature, heartbeat, blood pressure, etc.)
- Monitor where people are congregating
- Know the schedules for the use of routes and their disinfection
- Inform individuals who are approaching a risky (or contaminated) area
A drone equipped with vision systems can analyze, through infrared, the body temperature of the person to determine if it is above normal. It can also determine the number of heartbeats, blood pressure, rapid pulse rate, and the number of times the person is breathing to see if they are breathing hard or not. All of these are symptoms associated with COVID-19.
Transport of medical samples/equipment or food to quarantined personnel
Under certain conditions, medical personnel may need to send tested samples from one hospital to another, or transport ventilators from one location to another. Relief workers may need to bring food to an infected area. Risks to personnel are reduced when using flying or ground drones to transport essential items to places where distribution is required.
Virtuxplorer is a company that provides cloud solutions for enablement and automation of industrial processes supported by drones, making it a convenient technological solution for the current times with COVID-19 pandemic.
Contact us at email@example.com for more information about how we can help in the fight against COVID-19